Home tap water may look clean but contains potentially harmful contaminants picked up on its way through old pipes. A countertop water filter dispenser helps reduce these contaminants right on the kitchen sink top or tabletop.
The countertop water filter dispenser is designed to fit neatly on the kitchen sink tops or tabletops if you prefer room temperature water, or in the refrigerator, if you require cold water. It fits on a counter without connecting it to a tap or faucet.
Countertop water filter dispenser comparisons
How it works
The countertop water filter dispenser contains two reservoirs (top and bottom).
Simply fill the top reservoir with unfiltered water from the tap and let gravity push the water through the filter, removing all the contaminants in the water.
The bottom reservoir holds the filtered water, ready for human consumption.
The dispenser requires no electricity or plumbing. You place it on the counter or water filter stand and use gravity to pull water through the filter.
- Brita UltraMax Water Filter Dispenser, Extra Large 18 Cup 1 Count, Black
- Brita Stream UltraMax Water Filter Dispenser
- Brita Ultra Max with 1 Longlast Filter
- Best for lead removal: ZeroWater 23 Cup Dispenser with Free TDS Meter (Total Dissolved Solids)
- PUR Ultimate Water Dispenser
- Waterdrop 20-Cup Water Filter Dispenser with 1 Filter
- Best Alkaline water filter dispenser BPA-free plastic: Invigorated water pH Recharge 1F Alkaline Water Filter
- Best Alkaline water filter dispenser BPA-free plastic: Opti CHILL Alkaline Water Refrigerator Filter Purification Water Unit
- Best Alkaline water filter dispenser BPA-free plastic: Opti Drop 3 Gallon Alkaline Water Filter Purification Machine
- Best Glass water filter dispenser: ZeroWater (ZBD-040-1) 40 Cup Ready-Pour Glass Dispenser
- Best Glass alkaline water filter dispenser: Invigorated water pH Recharge Glass Alkaline Water Filter
- Epic Pure Countertop Water Filter Dispenser For Drinking Water
- Best for well water: Epic Nano Countertop Water Filter Dispenser For Drinking Water
Countertop Water Filter Dispenser Reviews
ZeroWater water filter dispenser
- Size: 23 cups
- Color: blue and white
- Contaminants removed: total dissolved solids, lead, and other heavy metals.
This dispenser is certified by NSF to reduce lead and chromium, six contaminants found in water.
It purifies water in 5 stages instead of a carbon filter. The dispenser uses ion exchange technology to remove contaminants. Thus, it removes dissolved solids from water.
The 5-stages are NSF certified to reduce total dissolved solids, lead, and other heavy metals.
5-Stage Filtration includes:
- Stage 1-removes suspended solids such as dust and rust that make your water appear cloudy
- Stage 2-Removes additional suspended solids
- Stage 3-Removes organic contaminants such as mercury, chlorine, and chloramine.
- Stage 4-Removes inorganic compounds such as metals, nonmetals, and radiological contaminants.
- Stage 5-Removes remaining suspended solids and holds the resin in place.
Zero water is BPA-free and comes with a free TDS meter that provides a digital reading to indicate when it’s time to change the filter.
It is a 23-cup water dispenser and carries a 90-day limited warranty.
It has a push-and-pour spout that you can easily operate with one hand to fill the cup.
More Zero water dispenser
- Size: 20 cups
- Color: blue and white
- Contaminants removed: inorganic materials such as pesticides, metals including lead and mercury, minerals, salts, and ions.
- NSF Certified to Reduce Lead, Chromium, and PFOA/PFOS.
- The package includes a 20-cup Water Dispenser, 1 ZeroWater Ion Exchange Filter, and a Free TDS Meter
- Made of glass
- Size: 40 cups
- Color: clear or chrome
- Among the contaminants removed are inorganic materials such as pesticides, metals including lead and mercury, minerals, salts, and ions.
- NSF Certified to Reduce Lead, Chromium, and PFOA/PFOS.
- The package includes a 20-cup water dispenser, a ZeroWater Ion Exchange Filter, and a free TDS Meter.
The 18-cup Pur water dispenser uses a basic filter that helps remove mercury, copper, certain pesticides, and industrial pollutants by using activated carbon and ion exchange.
This filter reduces the taste of chlorine and odor.
It includes one filter that can produce 40 gallons of water and has a two-month filter life.
This unit is BPA-free and reduces 21 contaminants as per NSF certification.
Pur company products use the MAXION filter technology, which is Pur’s unique formulation water filtration method. The MAXION technology is a blend of carbon and ion exchange materials to help reduce most contaminants.
The PUR Ultimate Water Dispenser has a capacity of 18 cups.
It uses PUR Lead Reducing pitcher filters that are WQA certified to reduce lead and other 22 contaminants. The filter is capable of producing 40 gallons of filtered water or 1–2 months of use.
PUR Water dispenser Replacement Filter
The PUR PPF951K Water Pitcher Replacement Filter is WQA certified to reduce lead and other harmful contaminants.
PUR Water Pitcher Replacement Filter, 4 Pack (Faster Pour)
The Waterdrop water filter dispenser has a capacity of 20 cups. The dispenser fits most fridges.
The water drop filter is NSF certified to reduce chlorine taste and odor. The filter uses 7-stage water filter technology that helps reduce lead, arsenic, fluoride, and other contaminants.
It is made of high-grade BPA-free plastic and contains both silver-loaded activated carbon and highly efficient ACF (activated carbon fiber) from Japan.
This dispenser contains a smart LED light that lets you know when it’s time to replace the filter. It is recommended to replace the filter every 200 gallons or every 2 months.
Waterdrop WD-PF-01A Plus Replacement Filters for All Pitcher Filtration System, Last Up to 3 Months or 200 gallons (Pack of 3).
Epic Pure Countertop Water Filter Dispenser uses an epic pure water filter. The filter is designed to remove contaminants such as chlorine and odors, fluoride, heavy metals, organic chemicals (like herbicides, pesticides, and VOCs), and traces of pharmaceuticals.
The dispenser includes a digital filter indicator to notify you when it is time to change the filter.
It produces 36 cups (150 gallons) of filtered water.
The Epic pure water filter is tested against NSF/ANSI standards 42, 53, 401, and P473.
Alkaline water filter dispenser BPA-free plastic
Invigorated water uses a multi-stage PH001 filter and a PH002 Ultrafiltration UF Membrane. The Ph001 filter increases pH up to pH10. It also remineralizes water by adding minerals such as selenium and calcium.
The filter also helps remove contaminants such as heavy metals, fluoride, chlorine, chloramine, odor, and color. The filter is capable of providing 1500 cups (96 gallons or 360 liters)of water.
The PH001 works together with an invigorated PH002 Ultrafiltration UF Membrane that takes water filtration to the next level.
Simply screw the PH002 UF Membrane Filter Cartridge into our PH001 Alkaline Water Filter Cartridge. The PH002 UF Membrane Filter filters tiny particles as small as 0.01 microns, including rust, sand, and silt. UF also softens hard water.
How to attach a PH001 to a PH002 filter
The PH002 UF Membrane Filter Cartridge provides a 1000 liter (264-gallon) capacity.
The dispenser holds 3.3 gallons (12.5 liters) of unfiltered water and 2 gallons (7.5 liters) of filtered water.
Replacement Water Filter by Invigorated Water
Compatible with PH001 Alkaline Water Filter Cartridge for pH Recharge
How invigorated water countertop water filters work
More invigorated waters
The Opti CHILL Alkaline Water Refrigerator is a 2-gallon unit.
It filters and alkalinizes water up to a pH of 9.0. Note that the filter does not add minerals but removes bad contaminants and identifies the good beneficial minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and sodium. After identifying it, it preserves the natural minerals found in water.
The filter uses solid activated coconut carbon and provides 120 gallons of filtered water.
It filters contaminants such as
- It removes PFAS, PFOS, and PFOA (man-made chemicals)
- It removes aesthetics, unpleasant tastes, odors, cloudiness, silt, sediment, chlorine, and chlorine by-products.
- It removes chemicals such as toxic chemicals (VOCs), trihalomethanes, PCBs, PCEs, detergents, and pesticides.
- It removes dissolved solids, including heavy metals such as aluminum, asbestos, cadmium, copper, lead, arsenic, and mercury.
Countertop Dispenser Naturally Enhances Alkalinity Up to pH-9.0.
It removes up to 99.99% of harmful contaminants and free radicals.
Lead reduction water filter dispenser
To select the replacement filter for your system, see our post about the countertop water filter replacement cartridge.