A countertop alkaline water filter is a device that filters and purifies the tap water before converting it into alkaline water. It can be utilized at work or at home, and it can be set on the kitchen sink, tabletop, filter stand, or desk.
There are many benefits of drinking alkaline water. One of them is that it helps balance your body’s pH levels. This can help with a variety of health problems, such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, and acid reflux.
Countertop alkaline water filter Comparison
The countertop alkaline water filter has a special cartridge that adds important minerals such as magnesium, calcium, and potassium to the regular water, leaving you with alkaline water.
It not only adds minerals but also removes and reduces chlorine, chloramine, sediment, industrial chemicals, lead, iron, hydrogen sulfide, mercury, and many more harmful contaminants commonly found in tap water.
The countertop alkaline water filter is specifically designed to sit on the kitchen counter and connect easily to most standard kitchen faucets.
What to consider when buying a countertop alkaline water filter
- Meets safety guidelines
Make sure the product you choose meets all safety guidelines and standards for common bodies such as the National Sanitation Foundation Standards (NSF)/ANSI and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Contaminants it removes
As said earlier, countertop alkaline water filters not only balance your regular water PH but also remove contaminants found in tap water.
When buying your products, make sure they help reduce and remove contaminants in your water.
- Counter space
Nothing is more frustrating than buying a device only to find that it won’t fit in your kitchen countertop space.
You should double-check the product’s dimensions to ensure that it will fit in the kitchen counter space you’ve designated.
Capacity is the amount of water the device holds. This depends on the number of people in your household. The countertop alkaline water filter comes in different capacities, so choose the one that will fit the amount of water your family consumes.
A person consumes 80 gallons of water per day, so a family of four will consume 80×4=320 gallons.
- Filter life
The countertop alkaline water filter uses a filter to add minerals and remove contaminants. The filter is not designed to last indefinitely and must be replaced after a certain amount of time has passed.
When purchasing the device, be sure to ask how long the filter is supposed to last and where you can get it when it’s time to replace it.
See our page on countertop water filter replacement cartridges to get the right replacement filter for your system.
- PH level
For an alkaline water filter, you need a system that will change your regular water to alkaline. Make certain that the system you select will change the PH of your water to the desired levels.
- Types of countertop alkaline water filter
There are two types of countertop alkaline water filters: gravity water filters and faucet-style hook-ups.
- Faucet style hook-up countertop alkaline water filter
A faucet-style hook-up is connected directly to your kitchen faucet and gives you the option to choose between filtered and unfiltered water.
Read our article on the best countertop water filter faucet
- Gravity countertop alkaline water filter
A gravity water filter can be placed in any place in your house. You can place it on the tabletop, water filter stand, or kitchen sink top.
It has two chambers (an upper and a bottom chamber) separated by the cartridge. The unfiltered water from the tap is poured into the upper chamber, which is then passed through the filter in the middle.
The filtered water goes through the bottom chamber, which holds water waiting for use.
The gravity water filter can be used anywhere, it does not require electricity to operate, and it lasts a long time.
Read more about countertop gravity water filter
11 Best Countertop alkaline water filter
- Waterdrop WD-CTF-01 Countertop Water Filter
- Cosan USA Pure Hydration Alkaline Water Machine
- Apex Countertop Drinking Water Filter, Alkaline, Clear (MR-1050)
- pH REGENERATE Faucet Water Filter
- Anchor AF-3110 10-Stage Alkaline Mineral Countertop Filter (White)
- AQUASPREE Exclusive 7 Stage Alkaline Water Filter
- pH RECHARGE 3F Alkaline Water Filter Ionizer
- pH Recharge Glass Alkaline Water Filter Ionizer
- NuWater Countertop Alkaline Water Filter Dispenser
- RKIN AlcaPure Zero Installation Purifier Reverse Osmosis Countertop Water Filter
- Zen Water Systems Countertop Filtration and Purification System
- KFLOW Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System
- Santevia Gravity Water System
- Nikken 1 Waterfall Gravity Water Filter Purifier System (1384)
- Opti CHILL Alkaline Water Refrigerator Filter Purification Water Unit
Best Countertop Alkaline Water Filter Reviews
Faucet style hook-up countertop alkaline water filter
Waterdrop WD-CTF-01 is a 5-stage Countertop Faucet Water Filter. It comes with 1 filter that includes 5 stages. The five stages include
- The activated carbon block reduces the chlorine taste and odor.
- KDF inhibits the growth of bacteria and microorganisms.
- The polyester membrane reduces large particles and sediment.
- Mineralization media-add beneficial minerals to your health, such as calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
- Pp membrane –improve the water taste
It helps reduce scale, heavy metals, hydrogen sulfide, fluoride, colloid, sediment, and chlorine.
The filter provides 8,000 gallons of filtered water and is replaced after 12 months.
It is compatible with standard kitchen faucets but doesn’t fit pull-out, hand-held, spray-style faucets, or faucets with a sensor.
The Cosan USA Pure Hydration Alkaline Water Machine has four cartridges that transform your ordinary tap water into supercharged alkaline water and are rich in antioxidants. The cartridge also removes contaminants in water.
The filter lasts for 90-180 days/6 months/2300 liters for a family of four and has LED reminders for a filter change. When the LED light changes to red it indicates it is time to change the filter.
With the included diverter valve the machine is quick and easy to install. It also has other installation options such as outlets for the refrigerator.
The Cosan USA Pure Hydration Alkaline Water Machine can be installed under the counter.
This machine is an infrared sensor/touchless. You simply put your hand near the sensor to turn it on and off.
It provides alkaline water with PH levels of 9–9.5pH, -450ORP, and 1500ppb Molecular Hydrogen.
The machine requires 4 AA batteries to operate.
Cosan replacement cartridge
The Cosan replacement cartridge is for Pure Hydration Next Generation Water Ionizer.
The Pure Hydration replacement cartridge set comes with all four cartridges plus an additional number of three cartridges.
Apex Countertop Alkaline Water Filter System helps remove contaminants like chlorine, mercury, pesticides, sediment, radon, Cryptosporidium, and Giardia cysts.
The system is simple to install, connects easily to the most standard kitchen faucet, and is designed to sit on the kitchen counter.
The Apex system is made in the USA and is made following the strict guidelines of the National Safety Foundation (NSF) and the FDA.
The system treats water using a five-stage filtration process. The stages include:
- Stage 1 KDF-85: Remove chloramines, heavy metals, and control microorganisms.
- Stage 2 Coconut Shell Activated Carbon: Removes Chlorine and Odor
- Stage 3 Alkaline Beads: raise the pH level, remove impurities, and hydrate your body while adding minerals that your body does not produce, such as calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
- Stage 4 Coconut Shell Activated Carbon: Removes Chlorine and Odor
- Stage 5 Calcite: raises the pH of the water and lowers acidity. It also increases alkalinity, which many nutritionists recommend.
Each filter can filter up to 750 gallons of drinking water before a replacement filter is needed.
APEX RF-1050 Alkaline Filter Cartridge contains KDF 55 and Granular Activated Carbon that removes chlorine taste and odor, heavy metals, and microorganisms.
It also has alkaline beads that add minerals that our body does not produce, such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, and sodium.
Apex Countertop Drinking Water Filter, Alkaline, Clear (MR-1050) Installation
More Apex models that are alkaline
- APEX EXPRT MR-2050 Quality Dual Countertop Drinking Water Filter – available in black and chrome.
- Apex legend RF-1050 is available in clear and chrome
The Anchor countertop water filter has a slim and compact design that is designed to sit on your countertop and is also portable.
The filter consists of:
- Mineral stones add trace minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, and copper to your purified water.
- Alkaline calcite is a naturally occurring calcium carbonate medium. It releases calcium and carbonate into the water.
Both Alkaline Calcite and Mineral Stones add the mineral to water, therefore, increasing PH levels
- Bio Ceramic Balls ionize and reduce ORP of water making it a better anti-oxidant
- KDF-55 and Coconut shell activated carbon removes chlorine, heavy metals, hundreds of contaminants, and unpleasant odor from water. Also control scale, bacteria, and algae
- 5-micron felt pad- every stage has 5-micron felt pad that helps remove fine sediments and fine particles
It is available in different colors
How it works
The Anchor AF-1110 is a 10-stage countertop replacement filter. The 10-stage include:
- Mineral Stones –add minerals to water
- Alkaline Calcite: Increases the PH level of water
- ORP & Bio Ceramic Balls
- KDF-55 –removes heavy metals and controls bacteria.
- Coconut shell-activated carbon removes chlorine, chemicals, unpleasant tastes, and odors.
- 5-micron felt pad- removes fine sediments and fine particles at every stage.
The water passes through 10-stage filtering media to remove contaminants, eliminate unpleasant odor, reduce oxidant reduction potential (ORP), ionize and re-mineralize
Gravity countertop alkaline water filter
The AQUASPREE alkaline water filter treats water with a 7-stage filter which includes:
- Stage 1 – Flat Ceramic Filter pores of 0.1 to 0.3 microns effectively filter rust, sediments, particles, and impurities. It inhibits germs, bacteria, and parasites.
- Stage 2: Ion Exchange Resin softens water and removes toxins and heavy metals.
- Stage 3: Coconut Shell Activated Carbon traps and removes organic contaminants including VOCs, pesticides, chlorine, herbicides, and disinfectants.
- Stage 4 – Far Infrared Ceramic Ball produces mild ionization, neutralizes acidic components, and increases alkalinity for better hydration, absorption, and improved vitality.
- Stage 5: KDF Copper Zinc Alloy Coating’s Oxidation/Reduction process removes and neutralizes chlorine, lead, mercury, iron, and hydrogen sulfide.
- Stage 6 – Maifanite Purification Filter-thermally treated, soaked, and sterilized in Silver Liquid to ensure antibacterial functions, further purifying toxins and heavy metals.
- Stage 7—Magnetic Device reconstructs the water molecules into smaller clusters for improved absorption, boosts energy, and immune level.
The tank requires no electricity to operate and no plumbing.
This countertop filter has two tank top tanks that hold a capacity of 2.1 gallons each, and the bottom tank holds 3.2 gallons.
The whole system treats water using three different filters that last differently. A ceramic filter lasts 1 year or 1000 gallons, the main 4-stage filter lasts 6 months or 500 gallons, and the maifanite filter life is 1 year or 1000 gallons.
AQUASPREE Alkaline Water System Replacement filter
The MAIFANITE filter lasts one year (1000 gallons).
It purifies water from heavy metals and toxins.
It is also enriched with micro-nutrients and essential minerals such as Calcium, Manganese, Potassium, and Zinc. These ionized minerals will help oxygenate, fortify, and improve the alkalinity of the water.
The AQUASPREE ceramic filter has a diameter of 0.1–0.3 microns and effectively filters and traps rust, sediments, particles, and impurities in the water.
It lasts 1 year or 1000 gallons.
The AQUASPREE 4-main stages are:
Stage 1: Coconut shell activated carbon- effectively removes volatile organic compounds (VOC), pesticides, chlorine, herbicides, and disinfectants. It eliminates odor and turbidity. It also crystallizes into fresh, clean, and energized water.
Stage 2: Far Infrared – Ceramic Ball – In this stage, large water molecule clusters are broken down into smaller micro-clusters. Potential negative ions are also produced by the mild ionization process, which increases the alkalinity of the water and pH level.
Stage 3: Kinetic Degradation Fluxion (KDF) – Copper-Zinc Alloy Coating-creates Zinc Oxide in the cartridge which actually kills bacteria and removes chlorine, lead, mercury, iron, and hydrogen sulfide.
Stage 4: Ion Exchange Resin: softens hard water and removes toxins and heavy metals.
AlcaPure purifiers transform ordinary tap water into clean and alkaline PH levels from 7 to 8 PH.
This system treats water in 4-stages:
- Stage 1, is a 5-micron sediment filter that helps remove sediment, sand, and rust.
- Stage 2: A coconut-based activated carbon block filter removes chemical residues, odors, tastes, VOCs, and carcinogens.
- Stage 3: reverse osmosis membrane
- Stage 4: AlcaPure or OnliPure Post Filter: AlcaPure has beneficial minerals such as calcium and magnesium for alkaline PH. Onlipure post filter is an ion-exchange medium.
The replacement filter bundle includes:
- FIRST STAGE FILTRATION – 5-micron Prefilter that removes Sediment, Rust, and other large particles.
- Second stage filtration: a carbon block filter that removes chlorine and other disinfecting by-products.
- Fourth Stage Alkaline Post Filter: The Polishing AlcaPure Alkaline Post Filter adds beneficial minerals like calcium and magnesium to purified water for the best taste. It also increases the alkalinity of the water to a healthy level of 7-8 pH.
- Third Stage Purification – 75 Gallon Per Day Reverse Osmosis Membrane is NOT included with this bundle.
All these bundles need to be replaced after every 2-4 years.
The RKIN reverse osmosis membrane is the third stage of the countertop alkaline water filter.
It is required to replace the membrane every 2-4 years.
About Zero Installation Purifier Reverse Osmosis Countertop Water Filter with Patented AlcaPure Technology
Zen Water Systems Countertop Filtration and Purification System transforms tap water into clean and healthy alkaline water. It is not recommended for use with microbiologically unsafe water.
The system purifies water in five stages: filter, purify, mineralize, alkalize, and magnetize. The stages include
- Stage 1 micro-ceramic filter: It has tiny pores that measure 0.2 to 0.5 microns in size. The micro-ceramic filter helps remove bacteria, man-made chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, and toxins.
- Stage 2: A 5-Stage Mineral Filter The cartridge contains activated carbon, which purifies your drinking water by eliminating bad taste and foul odor.
- Stage 3: The silica sand contains superb absorbent qualities to remove impurities in the body and is known to aid in the formation and strengthening of connective tissues.
- Stage 4: The far-infrared ceramic balls
- Stage 5: Mafia Mineral Stones infuse essential minerals such as calcium, zinc, potassium, and manganese and increase the alkalinity of water.
This tank capacity is 1.5 gallons. The bottom storage tank holds 2.5 gallons, for a total of 4 gallons. It is also available in different capacities, such as
Six gallons (rejuvenate)
Eight gallons (active)
Zen water system filters last as follows: ceramic filter is 1,000 gallons or 1 year; 5-Stage Filter is 500 gallons or 6 months; Mafia Mineral Stones is 3 to 5 years.
The system is available in different sizes: 4 gallons, 6 gallons, and 8 gallons.
Replacement for Zen Water Filter Systems
The mineral stone case is a replacement filter for the Zen water filter system.
It contains 40 different types of inorganic minerals such as calcium, manganese, potassium, magnesium, and zinc that help increase PH levels, producing healthy alkaline water.
The filter helps prevents and sterilize the breeding of bacteria and other germs from stored water.
This is a 5-stage mineral filter cartridge that effectively eliminates bad odor, chlorine, and man-made chemicals such as pesticides, solvents, and VOCs found in tap water. The 5-stages include:
- Silver-impregnated granulated activated carbon effectively removes chlorine, bad tastes and odors, radon, solvents, pesticides and herbicides, volatile organic chemicals, and other man-made chemicals found in tap water. It is also impregnated with colloidal silver to disinfect and inhibit the growth of bacteria in the water filter system.
- Ionic-Exchange Resin: It softens hard water by replacing magnesium and calcium ions found in hard water with sodium ions.
- Far-Infrared Ceramic Beads: They ionize and help activate water molecules in human cells and blood.
- Silica Sand: removes granular impurities and suspended solids to provide a brilliant sparkle in the water.
- Mineral Sand: It consists of 30 different types of essential healthy minerals, such as calcium, manganese, zinc, and potassium.
The filter adds your drinking water’s essential minerals and bio-energy properties while removing toxins and impurities.
This filter lasts after treating 500 gallons of water or 6 months.
The micro-ceramic filter consists of millions of pores that measure 0.2 to 0.5 microns in diameter. The filter sits on top of the holding tank. When dirty water passes through the pores, it will trap dirt, debris, contaminants, and most bacteria before the water passes through other filters.
The life expectancy of this filter is 1 year or after cleaning 1,000 gallons, but note that after using the micro-ceramic filter for some time, the trapped dirt and contaminants will begin to build up, forming a layer of gunk on the surface. Scrubbing the surface of the ceramic dome with a scouring pad or soft brush under cool running water will unclog the pores on the ceramic and expose a new layer for use.
This ceramic filter should be handled carefully. You should not use it when cracked or damaged.
How to Setup the Zen Water Countertop Water Filtration System
The KFLOW Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System is a countertop RO water filter and a 4-stage water system that blocks impurities and transforms ordinary tap water into clean and alkaline drinking water.
The 4-stage system includes:
- Stage 1 Polypropylene Filter (T-type PPF) helps remove dirt, corrosion, sediment, red worms, sand, and any other physical particles.
- Stage 2: Coconut Carbon Block Filter (Front CTO) that helps remove Nitrosamine, Trihalomethane, Chromium, Chromium (hexavalent), Chromium (trivalent), Cadmium and Cadmium Compounds, and Ferric Oxide.
- Stage 3: Reverse Osmosis Membrane (R.O. Membrane) that helps remove heavy metals such as lead, iron, mercury, barium, copper, radium, and aluminum.
- Stage 4.: Rear Coconut Carbon Block Filter (Rear CCF) changes the water’s PH to alkaline and improves the taste of pure water.
KFLOW adopts RECYCLING MULTI-FILTRATION Technology, meaning the water left after filtering is not hastily classified as wastewater, but will be recycled for the next round of filtration by adding water.
The system consists of a reverse osmosis filter that can be used for 2 years, a PPF filter, a front, and a rear carbon block filter that can be used for 1 year.
When it comes to replacing the filter, you should not worry. The system requires no tool to replace and has an electronic filter indicator that reminds you of the remaining filter life and notifies you when the filter needs to be replaced.
All the materials of this countertop water filter are made of food-grade materials and certified by NSF and FDA.
You can place and move the KFLOW water filter anywhere with a power supply available. It can easily fit your office desk, night table, granite, and even your RV.
KFLOW Water Filter Replacement
KFLOW Reverse Osmosis Water Filter Replacement Carafes, Replacement Jar for KFL-ROPOT-180
The Oceanic Water Systems Alkaline Filter Cartridge is sized 2.5″ x 9.75″ (inches) and fits the standard 10″ filter housing. It’s great for, under sinks, countertop filtration systems, and reverse osmosis water systems.
It is a 3-stage cartridge that helps remove chlorine taste and odor, heavy metals, and microorganisms in your drinking water, and adds alkaline minerals.
The 3-stage include:
- Stage 1 KDF: Remove chloramines and heavy metals and control microorganisms.
- Stage 2 Coconut shell activated carbon: Removes chlorine and odor.
- Stage 3: Removes impurities and hydrates your body while adding minerals that our body does not produce, such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, and sodium.
The Santevia Gravity Water System filters water in three stages. The stages include
- The fluoride filter helps remove fluoride, chlorine, heavy metals, agricultural impurities, and pharmaceuticals.
- A ceramic prefilter helps remove rust, sediments, and microplastics.
- Mineral stones add minerals like calcium and magnesium that help raise the PH.
The filter lasts for 4 months. You can buy a replacement filter using the link below.
The Nikken 1 Waterfall Gravity Water Filter Purifier System uses a filter cartridge that helps remove contaminants such as foul tastes, odors, colors, aesthetic chlorine, chloramines, and mercury from municipally treated tap water. It also uses mineral stones that add essential minerals to the water, making your water alkaline.
The filter cartridge lasts for 90 days or after filtering 900 gallons. Mineral stones are replaced once per year. Buy a replacement filter using the link below
It has a capacity of 1.32 gallons (5 liters) for a full tank and 1.45 gallons (5.5 liters) with mineral stones.
The Opti CHILL water filter unit filters and alkalinizes up to 120 gallons of water per filter while retaining beneficial trace minerals.
Buy a replacement filter using the link below.
The filter raises the PH up to 9.0.
The filter removes contaminants such as
- PFAS, PFOS, and PFOA (man-made chemicals)
- Aesthetics: unpleasant tastes, odors, cloudiness, silt, sediment, chlorine, and chlorine by-products.
- Toxic chemicals (VOCs), trihalomethanes, PCBs, PCEs, detergents, and pesticides.
Heavy metals such as aluminum, asbestos, cadmium, copper, lead, arsenic, and mercury.
Invigorated Water Countertop Water Filters
The pH Recharge Glass Alkaline Water Filter Ionizer includes a PH001 filter that remineralizes your water by adding minerals such as selenium and calcium, therefore, increasing the pH of your water by up to 10.
The filter also removes contaminants such as heavy metals, fluoride, chlorine, and chloramine.
In addition to the filter, it treats 1500 cups (360 liters or 96 gallons).
It is made of a glass body, a bamboo lid and base, a stainless steel spigot, and a borosilicate glass dispenser. All the materials are BPA-free and certified by SGS, FDA, TUV, RoHS, BSI, and ISO.
How to attach a PH001 to a PH002 filter
The pH REGENERATE Faucet Water Filter works by connecting it to the kitchen or bathroom faucet.
The system uses a PH007 Faucet Filter that increases pH and ORP by adding minerals including zinc, magnesium, selenium, and iron. It also removes chlorine, chloramine, limescale, and heavy metals like mercury, copper, and lead.
The PH007 faucet filter lasts for 12 months in areas with hard water and contaminated water for 1-3 months.
It fits most standard faucets and is quick to install, with a wide range of accessories included.
When it comes to replacing the filter you only need to unscrew the filter housing, discard the old cartridge, and replace the new one.
The PH007 Faucet Filter Refill Cartridge is compatible with the PH REGENERATED FAUCET FILTER.
The filter increases water pH and ORP, improving taste and smell by adding minerals including zinc, magnesium, selenium, and iron.
It also eliminates contaminants such as heavy metals, chlorine, chloramine, and limescale.
Each PH007 filter lasts for 12 months in areas with hard water and contaminated water lasts for 1–3 months.
The filter is easy to install on the standard kitchen or bathroom faucet using basic tools.
Invigorated Water Alkaline water dispenser
The pH RECHARGE 3F Alkaline Water Filter Ionizer is a countertop water filter system that has a powerful filter that remineralizes your water. Remineralization adds minerals such as selenium and calcium, therefore, increasing PH levels up to 10 and increasing ORP.
This system also filters heavy metals, fluoride, chlorine (odor and color), and chloramine.
Each unit comes with three PH001 filters and each lasts for 1500 cups (360 liters or 96 gallons). So the three filters last after treating 4500 cups (1080 liters/288 gallons). It is also compatible with the PH002 Alkaline Water Filter. The PH002 alkaline water filter is added to the PH001 filter.
It easily fits into the refrigerator and countertop without connecting to the tap or faucet.
The PH recharge is made of BPA-free material and is certified by SGS, FDA, TUV, RoHS, BSI, and ISO.
The container holds a total volume of 3.3 gallons (12.5 liters) and a filtered volume of 2 gallons (2.5 liters).
This product features:
- A filter life indicator that reminds you when to change the filter
- It is an ergonomically designed spigot that pours only the needed amount and then seals the unit to ensure hygiene.
- An anti-slip base that helps the system stand its ground, therefore, preventing an accident.
- It’s easy to fill by lifting the lid cover and pouring water through without moving the unit.
The Invigorated Water has a countertop water filter system that comes with one filter. Find it here
The multi-stage filter helps eliminate heavy metals, chlorine, chloramine, fluoride sand, silt, and rust.
The PH001 Alkaline Water Filter treats 1500 cups (360 liters, or 96 gallons).
This filter adds minerals to water, therefore, increasing water alkalinity and reducing ORP.
PH002 Ultrafiltration UF Membrane Filters tiny particles as small as 0.01 microns, including rust, sand, and silt. It also softens hard water.
The PH002 is screwed at the bottom of the PH001 Alkaline Water Filter Cartridge to enhance filtration and help increase the PH level up to 10.
It lasts after filtering 1000 liters (264 gallons) of capacity.
You might like: Countertop water filter dispenser
Are alkaline water filters safe?
Alkaline water filters are safe they not only add minerals that make your water alkaline but remove contaminants in the water.
Is filtered tap water alkaline?
Tap water is not alkaline but is neutral