This article will help you find out how to replace the shower filter cartridge and why it’s important for you to do so.
The shower filter cartridge is the component that removes chlorine and other impurities from your shower water. The shower filter cartridge is the only one that needs to be replaced periodically. This replacement should be done every 6 months to ensure that the water is free from any contaminants. It can be replaced with a new one every six months to two years, depending on the quality of the water.
Step-by-step on how to replace the shower filter cartridge
- Gather all material required such as a new replacement cartridge
- Remove the shower filter from the shower head arm
- Open the shower filter housing by holding the bottom section and rotating the top section counterclockwise.
- Remove the old cartridge from the housing.
- Rinse the shower filter housing with tap water.
- Place the new cartridge in the housing and reassemble it.
- Let the water run through the filter for 5-10 minutes to flush out excess carbon particles from the filter.
- You are good to go.
Watch the video on how to replace the shower filter cartridge